Convenient way to purchase regularly across a wide range of products with one credit limit of up to R50 000. It’s the perfect solution to stretch your budget.
Click on the “Apply for credit” button above, to apply on-line
Applications can be done at the Money Centre at your local Builders store
• You must be 18 years or older
• Have a valid SA ID or drivers licence
• Be employed and earn R2000 or more per month
• Provide your latest 3 month’s payslips
Get these benefits when you’re approved for Builders Credit
• R400 in vouchers upon approval
• Flexible repayment options, with affordable monthly statements. Repayment options: revolving, 24 & 36 months.
• Up to R50 000 credit granted
• Builders Credit can be used at any Builders Warehouse, Builders Express, Builders Superstore or Builders Trade Depot store in South Africa. Builders Credit can also be used at DionWired, Game and Makro stores.
• Free additional cards for up to 3 friends or family members.
• Access to Self-Service via our website or download the App at your play store
• Free SMS notifications for all your card purchases
• Free Monthly statement via Email or SMS
• Customer Protection Insurance for your peace of mind includes:
o Death Cover (which covers your full outstanding balance)
o Permanent Disability (which covers your full outstanding balance)
o Temporary Disability (covers up to 12 months instalments);
o Loss of Income (covers up to 12 months instalments)
Underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited, an Authorised Financial Services Provider. Terms and conditions apply. NCR Reg. No. NCRCP 38 and FSP Licence No. 44481
Customer Care 0861 727 740
Supporting docs fax 021 597 4728
Supporting docs Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What credit limit will I get?
• Your credit limit will be determined by your own individual profile taking into account your affordability.
2. How much does Builders Credit cost?
• A flat monthly service fee will be charged to your Builders Credit account as well as competitive interest rates applied on all purchases.
3. How do I collect my Builders Credit card?
• You can collect your Builders card at any Builders store nationwide.
4. Can I view my account on-line?
• Yes, you can view your account on-line by registering for Self-Service or by downloading the Builders Credit App from your play store.
5. How do I register for Self-Service?
• To register, click on the “my account” tab and follow the instructions. Please have your account and mobile numbers ready. The following services will be available via Self-Service:
o Check your available credit
o Download previous e-statements
o Opt-in for e-statements
o Update Email address
o Pay your account
6. Where can I find my account number?
• Your account number can be found on your monthly statement or you can call us on 0861 727 740
7. How do I check the amount I need to pay or have available to spend?
• The amount will reflect when you log in to Self-Service as well as on your latest statement.
8. Can I use my Builders retail loan to shop on-line?
• The Builders retail loan can only be used for in-store purchases.
9. How do I pay my Builders Credit account?
• There are many ways to pay your Builders Credit account:
o Debit order. A payment is automatically debited from your bank account on the due date that you have selected.
o In-store, by visiting any Builders store in South Africa
o EFT payment, simply pay the required amount by using your 19-digit account number on the front of your Builders card. Please only use these banking details when making an EFT payment.
Bank: Standard Bank
Account name: RCS Cards
Account number: 271 028 157
Account type: Current Account
Pre-defined beneficiary: Builders Credit
Beneficiary reference: 19 digit card/account number only
10. How do I set up a debit order to pay my Builders Credit account?
• Call us on 0861 727 740 and we will set it up for you.
11. How much do I need to pay each month?
• Your monthly statement reflects the instalment that you need to pay by the 1st of the month.
12. What should I do if I lose my card?
• Call us on 0861 727 740 and we’ll block the card immediately
• You can then go to any Builders store in South Africa and we’ll provide you with a replacement card at a nominal fee.