How to make a stencil artwork
Watch the video:
Join a few offcut planks, give them a whitewash and then have fun with the stencil of your choice.
You will need:
- Power screwdriver
- 25mm or 38mm paintbrush
- Small sponge roller and tray
- Windmill stencil
- Spray-on glue
- White wash (1:5 paint and water)
- 1ℓ Evolve Summer Fun – Breeze
- 3 x 13mm self-cutting screws
- 94 x 22mm offcut pine (three pieces cut into lengths of 430mm)
- Offcut Masonite of about 25 x 30mm
Position the pine planks about 2mm from each other and secure in place by screwing the Masonite to the back of it.
Paint the wood with the white wash and let it dry.
Spray the back of the stencil with repositionable glue. Wait 30 seconds before applying to your surface.
Position the stencil on the pine surface.
Using the small roller, carefully roll the coloured paint over the stencil. We used Evolve Breeze.
Repeat steps three to five until the surface is covered.